Friday, July 23, 2010

Mischievous Boys Make For Fantastic Movies


Last night I watched The Sandlot and realized something...scalawag boys out to cause trouble make the best movies ever. The Sandlot, Hook, Goonies, Newsies, Stand By Me, Little Rascals (hello, it's in the title) and even The Mighty Ducks. Such classic family entertainment. Look at Squints' eyes! There is trouble in his eyes!

Did you ever notice how the boys in these movies all have nicknames too? It makes them all so personable! I think "You're killin' me Smalls!" has become an all-American catch phrase. Hook also has some of the best nicknames too. No Nap, Too Small, Don't Ask...and I'm seriously considering naming a child Pockets. But what I really love about Hook is it's sentimental value. Of all the movies out there to cry at...Hook makes me weep. When Rufio gets stabbed and tells Peter he wishes he had a father just like him then Jack takes off his Hook get-up and says, "Dad, I want to go home." I cannot be contained.

All you latchkey kid little scamps. I love ya.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I also love that you have a blog. I look forward to the laughter that you surely will provide the world. :)

    ReplyDelete