Sunday, January 2, 2011

Mouths of Babes

This was a great Christmas. Aaron, me, my dad and mom all drove down to Gilbert, Arizona (AKA Mesa) for the holiday. I love my family. Which is a weird thing to say cause my family is not very lovey-dovey. A typical Christmas growing up with my brothers and sisters would usually include things like, "Nice present, loser. You're really thoughtful. Not!" But this Christmas with my brother's family was so much fun.

My niece and nephew are so much older and wiser than when I saw them last year! When I spend time with kids whose parents have taught them all the good gospel principles I really understand the whole, "Be like the little children" thing. Autumn is 4 and Jake is 5 and they blow me away with how much they know about the gospel of Jesus Christ. Simple things...like when they are going to church and they see people who aren't at church they just say, "Oh, they don't know about Jesus yet." What an adorably simple way to think of it. No need to judge. They just don't know what we know yet. And after all, Mother Teresa has taught us that "If you judge people, you have no time to love them."




















Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment