Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Fervor

I wish I had more of a zest for life. I'm not unhappy. But not necessarily happy either. Situationally content, perhaps. I remember when I was at camp and everyday I could not wait to wake up. I would stay up as late as I could and even wake up before everyone else to get the most out of my day. I loved it. I would only get 5 hours of sleep most nights! I was so excited to wake up and be outside with my friends, making each other laugh, being in the sunshine. I'd never felt so happy to be alive and I don't know if I ever will again. Waiting to jump out of bed everyday? Are you kidding me?! I miss it. I want to get that excitement back. But how...

1 comment:

  1. I wrote a whole paper on this very subject--too bad my teacher never read it--so I can't tell you if it was a crappy paper or not (damn that Mary Lee). But I know exactly how you feel. If I ever find that paper--I'll share it with you--don't worry--it's pretty short.

    ReplyDelete