Friday, February 11, 2011

Oh Happy Day

Ironic how my last blog was about how hard it is to get out of bed excited to start the day...when yesterday was the glorious celebration of my birth!

AND THE VERIZON iPHONE!

The Verizon store opened at 7am and of course I set my alarm for 6:25am but I woke up at 5:30 and couldn't contain my excitement and fall back asleep! Seriously, when you know an iPhone is approaching your grasp, it's hard to ignore. You don't wake up and say, "Oh, I'm getting a the most amazing, life changing piece of machinery known to man in couple hours. I better be well rested!" You pace the floor until it's 6:15 and then leave! Kinda like my wedding day, come to think of it. But with more apps!

Arrival: 6:40am. Sixteenth person in line. I was wondering if there would even be a line as I drove up. Upon seeing there was, I said to myself in the car, "What losers."

Verizon was great! They gave everyone hand warmers! I, of course, came prepared in full winter gear. There were about 20 employees inside that looked bored out of their minds for the store to open. The two managers outside could tell everyone was pretty bored so he asked loudly, "Does...anyone know a song?"

I hesitated for a second then said to myself, "Yeah, I'm gonna need to do this." Then I raised my hand and said, "Do you guys know 'Happy Birthday'? It's my birthday today!"

It gets better. The manager was so hilarious. He got all 20 employees to come outside and all of them and the people in line sang me Happy Birthday.

So. Freaking. Funny.

That alone made this the best birthday ever. Beating out free Disneyland daypass for my 19th birthday! So add cookies from my visiting teachers, Indian food for dinner, and Aaron being patient enough to go to Target, Walmart, Best Buy and Target again in search of the perfect iPhone cover...it was the best birthday evs!



I promise I'm not trying to be Asian sporting the double peace sign. Just my age, people. Just my age.

No comments:

Post a Comment