Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cheers

I'm feeling really good.

I finally found a job after about a month of nothing. No income, using up our savings, then BAM!  Dream. Job. (Well, as far as nannying is concerned. I used to think I wanted to work in Hollywood, but too many pretentious a-holes have transfered my priorities back to changing diapers for some possibly ironic reason.)

I've had a very good history with just knowing when something is good the moment I set my eyes on it. I could get a hundred emails offering me a position (not saying I did, cause I didn't), and there's always one that sticks out and I know where I'm meant to be. This job is going to be awesome.

They are a younger couple who still have to move down from San Francisco and I won't be able to start for a few more weeks. So in the meantime...I'm not doing anything. My sister lives in San Fran, too. So...ROOOOOAAAAAD TRIIIIIIIIP!


Also, next Sunday I get to give a talk in church! I know it's like the "cool" thing to act all uninterested and intimidated to speak, but freak...screw that, I'm way excited. Only problem is I have to keep it under 15 minutes. Total buzz kill. I can't develop my thesis within the given time parameters! A few weeks ago my sister wanted the answer to the age old question of who killed Jesus and called me. I said "Do you want the short answer or the long answer? Short? Okay...blah, blah, blah, history, blah blah, blah, context, blah blah blah this guy:

He sure helped move things along.
What's your problem, bro?!

Five minutes into my historical breakdown of events she's like, "Carah! Carah! I said short! Nevermind. I'll just google it! *Click*" Noooooooooooooo!

I listen to audiobooks, talks, sermons, and read articles, scripture, and books so maybe one day I can get to the point where I could be asked any question or assigned any topic....."Oh, let me recall when the apostle Paul stated...*BAM-BA-BAM-BA-BAM!* Take that, Satan! *PEW PEW PEW* Knowledge blasting ya in the face, demons!"

I'm not totally there yet, though that's my goal...to scissor kick Satan in the jaw. Now, time to finish writing my talk and break all records for whatever the opposite of procrastination is!







No comments:

Post a Comment